Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

And the beat goes on....:-)

Hello, hello friends and family. I sit at the computer as the clock passes 9:30pm here in jolly ole England. Thought I would set out for a quick catch up before my dancing session with a co-worker. Happy to say that London continues to get better each and every day and with all of the new people who have entered my life. There is such a variety of activities and you can literally always be out and about. I honestly think that some people thrive off the energy you feel from living in a big city. There are a ton of tourists to navigate through in the crowds but if you befriend the locals than worrying about finding an excellent pub minus the traffic is easily accomplished. Heck I even have a few lounges, clubs, and artist hubs on the list. Last weekend I checked out the Tate Modern with my friend Basil. We had a good laugh about the big black box that is basically a space to walk into and experience. The title of the piece is "What It Is" well I can tell you what it wasn't. LOL! If I wanted to bump against strangers in the dark I would have headed off to another location where people without deodorant aren't milling about. Then it was off to Jeff Koon's ode to pornography titled "Made In Heaven". Wow! Did I ever pick a day to visit Tate. And I thought getting free porn in my hotel room every night was crazy. I don't know if the ghost of Larry Flynt is following me but I am starting to get suspicious.

Still no visa but I have definitely appreciated hotel living this time around...for numerous reasons!! However the happy house hunting commences and I am honing in on Notting Hill or Holland Park far, far away from my original hunt and much classier ;-) Stephen and Mark have selected a place in Holland Park that has a porter and great pool. I have already threatened to use them for their pool. Ha, ha, ha! Unfortunately, it's about 12 meters so I will have to do a ton of laps to make it worth the trek!!

Somehow I have managed to organize my time between Phoenix and London perfectly with the holidays. I will be stateside for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Woot, woot!! This weekend I am meeting up with Rod's sister who is also living the expat lifestyle here in London. I look forward to sharing some Strawberry beer in Covent Garden, apparently Victoria knows just the place. I look forward to posting more soon especially once I have a new home! Cheers!!

No comments: