Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

London Bridge Fell Down On Me!

Wow! What a whirlwind the past 4 months have been. I am now living between London and Phoenix until my visa comes through. I have to appreciate that life can change on a dime and your perspective is the only thing that matters. The past couple of months have been extreme highs and lows. Dropping off my baby girl Izzy for her annual stay in South Dakota. Taking my first long stay trip to London and being dealt very tough news. However, despite all the madness here I am blogging! There was definitely a sense of excitement that came with my big city move. The reality though was much different. I am without a visa and living between my parents home (my house is officially rented for a year, yeah!!!) and my hotel room in London. Not the glamorous life I had anticipated but it is definitely a character builder nonetheless. ;-) Everyday I learn a new British English term or coloquialism. The people I am working with in Phoenix and London to make this integration successful are absolutely angelic. Without their support and positive attitudes I think I may have quit my job and ran home to the US, literally!

The athletic activities were on hiatus for months but I find the weather in London too perfect right now to not put on running shoes. I promise to get shots of Hyde Park up soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So if I visit, you'll have no place for me to crash? :P