Izzy and I had a great time in South Dakota for the 4th of July. My mom has a horrible pic on her blog of us after the Lennox Firecracker 10k. Let me just preface that blog review by stating that it appears a firecracker blew up on us during the race. The heat and humidity of the midwest during that race certainly did me in! Rather than drinking at the water stops I was throwing the cups over my head hoping to cool down but with minimal results. I squeaked out dismal 9:06 minute miles with a finish of 56:42.
The second week of July marked my first long bike ride of 2 hours. Heather rolled through some of the water left over from a recent monsoon. I kept teasing her that she had mud butt (Chappelle Show reference)because the tire flipped it up onto her bike shorts. If that was not bad enough she ended up popping a tire but the good news was that we made it back to her house before it flattened again.
I would like to say that my bike ride was the highlight of that weekend but unfortunately it was the actions of some drunk revelers who decided to annihilate my poor little car. Friday I reconnected with the my friends for a girls night out and being a good citizen I left my car over night after drinking a bit too much. I came back to find that my car had been the victim of a roof top dance party without my consent. Someone had literally jumped from the hood (big dent) to the roof (completely caved in) and then down off the bumper. Thanks to my amazing brother and his high school buddies I was able to have every single dent removed and my car was detailed all before the following Friday. Not to mention Kevin loaned me one of his vehicles for the entire week. Thank god for family! Although the $500 dollars I had reserved for my birthday is now gone I am happy that my little baby looks brand new again :-)
Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment