Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Blessed

I feel so incredibly blessed for the people that are in my life. This weekend was yet another reminder of how much I have to be thankful for. On top of it being a fantastic weekend it was a little bit exhausting but in a perfectly good way. I honestly don't think there was anything more that could have been fit into the agenda. Friday I took the day off so grandma, mom and I could do some last minute shopping for the housewarming/graduation at my place on Saturday. Thank goodness Bri canceled on our double date to watch the worst Suns game of this season. Dilek and I exchanged texts about our dismay while I did some last minute cleaning and watched the game. After a few more text sessions with a couple of new friends, it was right around midnight when I finally headed to bed. Saturday morning I was off and running at 7am because my new gig as a USA Triathlon Ambassador required a bit of early training. The training ended just in time for me to run home and set up the ridiculous amounts of food my mother acquired for the party. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the turn out and the plethora of cards and gifts I received from both friends and family out of town. A good friend of mine that was at the party mentioned to me later that my friends were really down to earth and fun to be around. I think that is one of the greatest compliments I have ever received.

I had to run out at the end of my party to complete my "on the job" training for USAT at the Tempe International Triathlon packet pick up and informational event. I was definitely surprised at how much more attractive male triathletes are when they are in pedestrian clothing rather than those tight little spandex numbers they wear on race day. And despite what Bri thinks there are actually a lot of stalky muscular types amongst the little aerodynamic men that participate in triathlons. I am definitely enjoying this new gig and my adventure into the world of triathlon.

I came home to a spotless house. Yes, my outrageously generous family cleaned up after the party so that I could enjoy the rest of the night. Again I must say that I am undeniably and extremely blessed! A new friend and I headed over to Barcelona for their sister's bday party. I finally returned home some time around three a.m. What a day!

My final session for USAT concluded 11am on Sunday with the receipt of my official Ambassador t-shirt and "fueling station" banner that must accompany me to future triathlons. I am definitely looking forward to learning all there is to know about this sport. After a lot of thought (and research) Heather and I have decided to switch our training coaches. We meet with our new coach this Friday. More updates to come ;-)

I headed over to the Desert Ridge Marriott where my MBA commencement ceremony was held at 1pm Sunday. My entire immediate family as well as a couple of close family friends were there to cheer me on. The celebration was topped off with a barbecue at Kevin's house. Izzy got to play with her boyfriend Basil (Kevin's girlfriend Chrystal's Great Dane). Everyone ate to their hearts delight. Around 9pm I headed home to crash but that was not meant to be. Instead a friend came over to congratulate me so alas my bedtime was yet again midnight.

What a remarkable weekend it was I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying life and congrats on your MBA. =)

As for feeling blessed, I just got back from a country where people make about $300 to $500 a month and they still have to buy clothes and stuff that costs just as much as we pay for ours. But they were pretty happy people and lived it up every chance they get.