Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New Year News



January brought the beginning and ending of a number of things. First, and most important to me is that after months of following my not so perfect guidance my mother at age 50 finished her first 1/2 marathon in 2hrs. and 24 minutes. She beat two of my friends who are under 30! It was absolutely freezing at the start line but the extreme high of running towards the finish by my mom's side was amazing and well worth dealing with the cold. I am happy to announce that she too has caught the running bug and has already planned out her next 1/2 marathon. Although this was mom's first 1/2 marathon it will be my last strictly running related event for a while. Next week Heather and I are meeting with our new triathlon coach! We started training on our tri-bikes last weekend at South Mt. which was really exciting. I may have ended my marathon career but I am beginning my triathlon career.

Another ending that came about is my MBA coursework. My last formal course will be finished tomorrow. From there on out I have to sign up for my independent study course geared towards aiding me in the completion of my 100 page thesis. Yikes! I cannot wait to be completely finished with my program but I am thankful for all of the contacts, knowledge, and self-discipline I have acquired through my experience.

And not to be left out...little miss Izzy completed her advanced training course at Petsmart. I would have signed her up for agility training but sadly I must confess that we will soon be moving away from Scottsdale. However, we are moving to a new home where Izzy will have a backyard to run around in and quite possibly a playmate to enjoy it with her as well.

And for those of you who enjoy my party life here is a recent pic of me and the girls :-)

No comments: