Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Treats

I honestly feel as if I have the funniest family alive. Between my aunt who is forever interrogating family and friends and my grandpa that gets smacked by his new girlfriend for french kissing on the third date I don't know where to start! Maybe I should have prefaced the aunt reference with the fact that not all of her questions are within the range that most would deem appropriate. Although I must admit that she gets answers to questions that I would love to ask but know I can't.

Upon arrival into Utah Izzy promptly christened Grandmas house with the largest poo I have ever seen. I guess that was my fault for not thoroughly walking her before the 4 hour wait she had between arriving at the airport and finally getting to dry land in Utah. Although the act illicited quite a bit of laughter from her uncle and the rest of the family I was extremely embarassed. I have taught my daughter much better manners than this! This was her one and only accident during the trip so I guess she redeemed herself.

Thursday brought with it a ton of family and food at Grandma's. I also got to visit with Anne and her kids who I have not seen in at least 10 years. Time sure does fly when you are having fun. Everyone in Utah was so happy and healthy that I could not have felt more blessed or thankful.

Friday night we all headed over to Heidi's friends Rachelle and Josh's house for a small get together. Heidi refers to R&J as "Rippies" aka Redneck Hippies. LOL! They are the epitome of this term hands down. Rachelle has a laugh that sounds like a goat call in high speed. Words cannot quite describe its uniqueness. Josh is a professional tour guide with a thick beard and strangely enough, enjoys the Scissor Sisters. They had quite a few camping stories that kept us laughing.

I kept the visit mostly low key because mom and I had a training run on Saturday. The cold weather was actually excellent for running. The beautiful snow capped mountains were our back drop for the run which made it even more enjoyable. Well, that is until I got chased by some dogs that were out loose in a neighborhood nearby. Fortunately for me they only wanted to play and eventually one of the neighbors saw the ordeal and called the dogs over. After the training run I did some shopping with Heidi and then we watched the horrifying BYU/Utah game. What a freakin' disaster that was! I was however pleased to see that my alma mater ASU was able to take down UofA this year.

Saturday night we headed out to a Sushi bar downtown and then moseyed on over to a martini bar right next door. The martinis were akin to great tasting kool-aid because of the harsh liquor laws. The night really got started after I decided to pound a few Redbull vodka's with an extra shot on the side. All I really can remember after that is eating pizza and waking up my poor Grandma at 3am to let me in. The next morning was extremely painful but I managed to get Izzy and I back to Phoenix before passing out.

On a different note, I recently got an update from Kirstin who has organized a pudding wrestling group. If you have never seen anything like this before I suggest you check it out! Give em' hell Hellfire!

No comments: