Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Crazy Good

This weekend was practically euphoric! My pace mates and I finished our 20 mile run strong despite the 90 degree weather. We ran out in Goodyear around Ken's neighborhood, the beautiful Estrella Mt. Ranch community(above pic). There were a ton of colorful birds, lizards, and rabbits about. It was nice to get away from our usual stomping grounds (the canals by the Biltmore). Ken told us a bit about his new position as Executive Director of Indian Affairs Commission. Heather and I are very proud of our running mate. His position is a gubernatorial appointment. Check out the Governor's press release (link below). Me, Heather, and Ken are amped up for the San Diego marathon and the great news is that my friend Briana has already booked her flight to join us. Ken reserved us an Executive Suite and convertible to enjoy the Pacific Coast Highway in. I am so excited about going down to the ocean to take at least one surfing lesson on this mini-vacation before the marathon renders me unable to use my quads!

I owe my friend Aaron big time for all of his help and generosity over the past two months. First, he helped me through statistics and finance (not an easy feat when I am too busy heckling him to pay attention ;-). Second, he took me to the Suns playoff game this past Saturday. For those who may be unaware I am a huge fan and the game was phenomenal! Nash, Barbosa and Bell were on the top of their game. The whole crowd kept screaming "Kobe Sucks" throughout the event. At one point Kobe taunted the crowd by placing his hand to his ear while walking around the back court. In the end his arrogance proved to be in vain as we crushed the Lakers with an astounding 31 point lead. Aaron if you read this please know that you are my hero ha, ha, ha!

Despite the warmer temperatures I somehow managed to wrangle my parents and Jknis into "The Great Bike Chase." It is an annual event organized by Valley Metro (AZ's city transit authority) to gain awareness for environmentally safe modes of travel and bike safety. We all looked fabulous in our bike helmets and rented beach cruisers. This event is a blast because the ride is only four miles and the route takes you to Chase Stadium where the participants get to watch a baseball game. Jknis and I filled up on pizza, beer and frozen yogurt at the game. Unfortunately, the Dbacks lost by one run but the event was a ton of fun for the four of us.

Kevin flew out to NYC this week for Phoenix Youth At Risk's new program.(For more info about PYAR read my previous blog "Fun For All") I am extremely proud of my big bro's contributions. He has an innate sense of connection with people that is truly unique. My brother can read people like a book! I am quite envious of this gift as it allows him to reach the adolescents he works with like no other adult can. I am rather eager to hear about his adventures which I may be able to share given his approval ;-)

The last bit of news to share for this crazy good week is the approval of my promotion at work to Sr. Business Analyst and the new arrival date of my baby Izzy. I am flying out to Omaha, Nebraska to pick her up on 5/17/06. I can't wait to share more pics! Also, I love my new position at work and the group of people I get to work with. One of the scariest parts of accepting a new position is wondering about the new boss and team members. I had nothing to worry about! There is a lot for me to learn and I am completely excited about that. I have even decided to formulate my MBA thesis about a methodology used within my position.

Hope everyone is enjoying life to the fullest. I know I have been!



  • Governor's Announcement on 5/4/06
  • No comments: