Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Monday, April 24, 2006

17 miles, A Vodka Tent, & Puppy Picks

What do these 3 things have in common? Well, they were all part of what made this Saturday a freakin' blast. It started bright and early (5am to be exact!) when my pace mates came over and we completed a 17 mile training run down the Greenbelt. It was super hot but in the end I am glad we completed the trek as marathon Sunday is coming up soon!! A couple minutes after returning home I received notice that my new baby Izzy had her first official photo shoot (see below...she will inevitably be America's Next Top Model-Doggy Edition) She has not even made it to Phoenix yet and I am already bragging about how perfect she is. :-) After staring at the photos for a while I crashed with ice bags on my knees for a couple of hours and then it was time to put my game face on again. Jknis, Briana, Elicia and I headed out to the Scottsdale Culinary Arts Festival where the food was fantastic, the drinks flowed, and the men were outrageously attractive. I don't know what is going on lately but Jknis and I have swapped dating patterns. All of the younger men were talking to her meanwhile their dad's were hitting on me ha, ha, ha! In fact, last week I actually agreed to go out on a date with someone 6 years my elder. He got us great seats to the D-backs game. Nice guy... My mom always says that if I call a guy nice that means it's the kiss of death. 'Nuff said. Jknis & I ended up closing down the festival in the Absolut Vodka tent and then headed over to The James for a little hotel partying. If you have never heard about The James definitely check out this link http://www.lenoxsuites.com/ It was a very long night which resulted in Jknis driving me back to my car which we had parked at a church (it was a designated paid parking area for the festival). Aahh, nothing like the walk of shame to your car parked at the church on Sunday!! On the way to pick up my car I told Jknis that I needed to be more responsible now that I have a baby on the way. The countdown to parenthood begins!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
She is very cute. Make sure to get puppy training pads and Nature's Miracle. It takes the stain and the smell out of carpeting if she a potty accident.

Love you!