I am elated to announce that as of 11/23/08 I am officially an Ironman finisher! Heather and I finished together at 13:59:48, just seconds away from 14 hours. After training for at least a year I can honestly say that every sacrifice was worth it. The day was filled with fun, family and celebration. Heather and I were smart to create bright yellow t-shirts with red lettering for our fans. At one point during the bike we had a minimum of 12 people in a group screaming for us. As if my adrenaline was not high enough, the energy coming off of our cheering section took me to new heights! My friend Aaron kept Heather and I going during the run because he kept popping up at different parts of the course. We ran into each of our families at least once during the bike and run. Little Trestin and his cousins ran with us for a little bit as well as my childhood friend Burlenti. As we were running down the finishing chute (pic above with Trestin) I was slapping hands with those on the sideline. To my mother's ultimate dismay the announcer yelled out that we had 5 seconds before 14 hours and promptly I dropped my hand before slapping hers and sprinted across the finish line. Sorry mom!!
The outrageous gauntlet I am throwing out is Ironman New Zealand 2010. I already have one spectator's buy in ;-) Thanks Aaron!

No comments:
Post a Comment