Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Time For Reflection

I apologize to all of you that actually enjoy reading this blog. I have been very out of touch over the past month. October was a great month! Heather and I finished our 1/2 marathon in San Jose. I took Izzy to her first Doggy Halloween Costume Party (there were 50 contestants for the costume contest!). I am purchasing my triathlon package this coming week!! That is right...Heather and I have decided to step up our athleticism. I am extremely excited about this! We have one more full marathon to go this December in Vegas. We just finished our 2nd 20 mile training run this weekend which was quite an adventure. I don't know how many of you know what "Rec Path" is but, for those who do not here is a brief explanation. Rec Path is a google mapping program that you can use for travel or recreational purposes. We decided to map out our 20 mile run but didn't think to do a brief physical run through first. Unfortunately, we made it 2 miles down the canal path and ran into a small snafu because a golf course owned a piece of the canal property. We then decided to take to the streets of a not so great neighborhood in Tempe and run to Heather's house in Chandler which was the equivalent of the canal route. However, the road we took was basically a thoroughfare for the immigrant landscapers of AZ. My implied message in the previous sentence is that Heather and I were subjected to a litany of hoots and cat calls from what could be described as extras from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The only good to be had was the fact that none stopped to talk.

The first week of November definitely kicked-off the beginning of a great month. I went to Washington, D.C. for a business conference. At the conference I got to meet John Zachman(super cool!). The weather was actually very nice while I was there. I took a mini-trip to the National Zoo to see the baby pandas. Also, our software vendor took us out to an extravagant dinner at a French restaurant. The trip was better than I had anticipated!

I need to do some clean up on my blog before I start posting more pics but I promise to be more forthcoming with my weekly experiences. The holidays are coming and things are going to get crazy around here fast! Oh, what fun for all of you!!

No comments: