Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Motherhood, Marathon, & Madonna


Motherhood has not been so easy for me. Poor little Izzy has been sick but this week she finally started sleeping through the night which means I got to as well! Last weekend I completed marathon #2 with my friends Heather and Ken. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We did not beat our previous time but all of us definitely felt a lot better during and after the run. I was actually able to go dancing the same night! Briana and I headed out to a little bar called The Tavern over by Pacific Beach. Her friend Daiz picked us up from the hotel and Walter and a group of others met us at the bar. A little bit of booze was a welcome relief to my sore quads ;-)


Tonight Burlenti, Lauren and I went to the Madonna concert. She is quite an amazing performer. Unfortunately, for us we had the dumplemint twins (a friendly nickname I gave them) in front of us. I am sure you are familiar with these type of women. The hefty gals that get dressed up in early 80's Madonna garb and crimp their hair. They insisted on standing the entire concert which amazed me that they had the stamina. I had a fantastic time but I am still always perlplexed by the fact that women get dressed up to see other women. I have not seen so much hoochie attire since the Scottsdale Culinary festival!

No comments: