

I must admit that I am one of the luckiest people I know. Why? Because I grew up in one of the most close knit families you will ever meet. I don't mean just the immediate family either. I am talking about grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins (1st, 2nd & 3rd) and close family friends who qualified as "family" in our minds. Almost every year in the summer this wild pack would head to Lake Powell to enjoy the water and sun. I have a ton of great memories from those trips. My first time fishing, skiing and mooning other family members from the side of our boat. Yes,we are a rowdy bunch. I cherish those memories the most because the time we spent together was amazing. There is this inexplicable and overwhelming rush of love and joy that comes over me when I think back to those trips. The family dynamic has changed dramatically but the spirit of those Powell trips remains imbedded in my mind. It has been over 10 years since we held one of our annual Powell family vacations and I am happy to announce that my mother (aka COO of Family Development)has put together a 2008 celebration for June. I am absolutely exstatic about this trip as it marks the rebirth of one of our best and most important family outings. In celebration of this ensuing event I bring you some pics of our childhood Powell trips. Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment