Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Belize It Or Not I Was Walking On Air

I still don't have all of the Belize pics yet but with all of the complaints I have received for not being a frequent blogger I am going to show you what I do...

Our first night on La Isla Bonita (aka San Pedro)we headed out to the food festival. Every meal we had in Belize was phenomenal and that first night simply set the tone. I had fried coconut shrimp, lobster pizza, mojitos, and more. They had bands playing Belizean music and children were dancing everywhere. The 2 girls below were my playmates. We had a great time cartwheeling and shaking to the music.



And then the love of my life showed up...Can't you see I am crazy in love in this pic. LOL! Well at least the crazy looking part might be right but this little boy was so freakin' cute I wanted to take him home. Maybe that was the mojito talking though.



Our first full day in Belize consisted of snorkeling and a beach barbie that included fresh fish that we watched our great tour guide Oliver spear. In addition to that we had plantains, veggies, freshly made corn tortillas and these wonderful little lobster.



Day 2 we headed out to the Mayan ruins where we got to howl with the howler monkeys, gawk a the crocs, and basically be completely amazed by the gorgeous scenery of the rain forest and ruins.



Day 3 was lounging around in the beautiful ocean which was our backyard at the hotel. I practiced my floating technique which I rarely get to use in triathlon.



Day 4 we road bikes out to the northern tip of the island but unfortunately I have no pics of that yet.

Day 5 was lunch at Rasta Pasta on the isle close to San Pedro...Caye Caulker. Don't we look like a bunch of beauties.



This hardly represents 1/100th of what we did. Belize exceeded my expectations and being with my family was another plus of the trip. My cousins Heidi and Tracy, along with Tracy's girlfriend Sarah made this trip even more special for me. Thanks Fam!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was reading your updates and I couldn't help it any more. Did you actually watch that tv show? =)