Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

What We Choose To Believe

Tonight I watched Primetime which aired a story about a teenager in Canada who is believed by some to be a healer. The show did a great job of remaining objective however, it could not deny that some of the people who attended young Adam's workshops actually had health improvements after the event. This story ties into an interesting movie titled "What The Bleep Do We Know?" (I highly recommend watching this film if only you catch the part with Dr. Masaru Emoto's water crystals) This documentary/story reviews the concept of altering one's mind through methods such as visualization. The idea that quantum physicists and religious leaders (interviewed in the film) see the parallels of their professions come together regarding the power of the mind to change one's physical or mental state, I find extremely intriguing. I believe that a lot of people get by in life without questioning the phenomena that surrounds them (how boring!). What if Adam, the quantum physicists and religious leaders are all correct? What if our lives are solely maintained by the limitations of our mind? What if one day you decided to stop letting something upset you such as; a co-worker, family member, or the fact that you have to get up to go to work on Monday? Instead, you began to meditate and visualize these situations from a positive perspective. What if it actually worked? Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to these questions but that does not mean I am unwilling to try ;-) Do you think Captain Jack Sparrow will take me out on the Black Pearl if I visualize it for months on end? What the hell, even if he doesn't is it really all that bad to focus on happy thoughts ha, ha, ha!

No comments: