Nothing is more rewarding than inspiring others to reach goals they never thought possible.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

All Night Long...


Most of the men I know long for the ultimate all nighter. Unfortunately, the all nighter I experienced was actually a strand of nights during the past couple of weeks and to my dismay it contained none of the pleasurable actions my male friends have described in their tales. What I am actually referring to is my two week long battle with completing my masters coursework. From my 32 page research proposal to my impending 20 page strategic marketing plan I have begun to lose my mind! I have enjoyed entertaining weekends but the weekdays have become cram sessions for completing the work at hand. If it were not for my mandatory gym breaks (still training for the San Diego marathon:-) I would have undoubtedly lost my mind by now. Well, not only the gym has been my saving grace. I have to admit that I have the best group of friends on this planet. They coach me along through texts messages and email me to stay on track when I am sending out inappropriate email forwards (hee, hee, I can't help myself sometimes! That bulldog on the skateboard clip is phenomenally funny). I know it is silly but, I am honestly starting to believe that when I reach my breaking point somehow a telepathic message must be transmitted to my friends. Tonight as I sat hunched over the keyboard at home for the third week straight, almost passing out and hitting my head on the monitor, my phone rang. My friends planned a surprise outing for us this Saturday! Needless to say, with the Climb for Cancer at 6am Saturday, lunch plans with my good friend Sarah and little pumpkin head (see pic of him with mom at 1st b-day below) during the afternoon, and a late night outing with the girls squad I may have to keep my weekday cram sessions alive for a bit longer. You only live once though, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the look of a happy
mother and baby who is loved.
Thanks for sharing.